Cute Flag Cake Toppers! May 23 2015
Whats not to like about excessive amounts of decoration - sweet or otherwise - on a cake! Makes everyday (I am sure i am not the only one to enjoy cake everyday!) cake pitstops a party! These are so simple to make and they can be made with bits and bobs that you have at home*
You will need: Cocktail sticks, nice papers (you could do plain ones and write/stamp on them or use the papers given away with craft mags), scissors, gluestick. Optional: Ruler and pencil.
1. Cut out strips of paper approx 7x2cm from your paper. Mark out the with pencil/ruler if you need too!
2. Fold the strips in half as shown....
3. Unfold and put glue all over the back of the strip.
4. Put a tip of the cocktail stick along the fold, with the tip not quite to one edge, and the fold up. Smooth down and make sure its stuck.
5. Using scissors cut out a shallow 'V' shape from the ends... Make cakes and stab them in! We quite like a big cake with lots all dotted over the top. Great for simple decoration or personalising your cakes!
*If you attended our Oilcloth workshop on Saturday 23rd May all the materials you need were in your crafty goodie bag so you can get cracking (and baking!).
Have a great weekend!